The Episcopal Church of Sudan
Archbishop Daniel Deng along with a provincial support team travelled to Bor in order to meet with the newly-formed Inter-Church Committee for Peace, Mediation and Reconciliation.
Archbishop Daniel Deng Bul made a visit to the new diocese of Nzara. This new diocese, just a year old, already has a clinic, a youth and training centre, a house for the bishop, diocesan offices, 5 guest tukuls and other buildings that will be put to use for the diocese’s benefit.
The Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Deng Bul, Archbishop of the Province of the Episcopal Church of the Sudan and Bishop of the Diocese of Juba toured his diocese in order to inaugurate four new archdeaconries.
Archbishop Daniel Deng Bul made a visit to the Diocese of Wau. The diocese currently covers the three Southern Sudanese states of Western Bahr El-Ghazal, Northern Bahr El-Ghazal and Warrab, plus the Abyei Administrative Area.
“If Abyei is peaceful, the whole Sudan will be peaceful”
- ECS Archbishop Daniel Deng Bul, 28th May 2009
Archbishop Daniel Deng Bul made a visit to the dioceses of Jonglei State
Archbishop Daniel made a tour of Western Equatoria State and visited the dioceses of Rokon, Lui, Mundri, Maridi, Ibba and Yambio, as well as to Nzara which is currently in the pipeline as a new diocese.
His Grace would like to specifically request:
- The Diocese of Missouri and St. Luke's Hospital to look very carefully at the situation in Lui Hospital and to take his appeal for assistance very seriously.
- The Salisbury Diocese Sudan Medical Link to do the same.
- Those of you with access to your organisations' websites to upload as much of this material as possible to promote the situation in Sudan as widely as possible. If you do not have access to your organisations' websites, please pass this information on to those who do.
- Any organisations interested in assisting peace-building activities or agriculture projects in Southern Sudan to get in touch after reading the report.
- If any organisation can support the Office of the Archbishop's transport needs in the future to get in touch. Specifically the Archbishop requires a vehicle for his personal use for future visits of this nature, in particular for a tour of all of Bahr El-Ghazal cluster of dioceses sometime in 2009.
- Constant prayer from all partners and friends for the work of the ECS across Sudan.
Archbishop Daniel Deng Bul toured the Eastern Equatoria State - the ECS Diocese of Torit
Especially important on this recent tour were the issues of:
- Basic education
- Health care
- Provision of clean water
- Ongoing tribal violence and instability in the region in the run up to the 2009 elections and 2011 referendum on secession
- Low capacity and lack of training of ECS church communities - particularly liturgical and in the field of evangelism
Archbishop Daniel Deng Bul visited the ECS Diocese of Kajo-Keji
Some annexes to the report are here:
Archbishop Daniel Deng Bul visited the dioceses of Lakes State