Port Sudan Diocese - Info and Basic Contacts

 

Bishop Abdu Elnur Kodi

Abdu Al-Nur Kodi is responsible for churches in Port Sudan, an important shipping terminal on the Red Sea in a largely desert area, but also churches in towns on a long road south to Wad Medani, a distance of about 800 miles. The southern part of the diocese is more fertile. All the churches are self-built by the congregations except for Port Sudan Cathedral which was built in the 1930s by the Mission to Seamen.

 

 

The Diocese of Port Sudan

Port Sudan is a port city in eastern Sudan, and the capital of the state of Red Sea. As of 2007, it has 489,725 residents. Located on the Red Sea, it is the Republic of Sudan's main port city. Port Sudan is the only diocese with a coastline. It has an active mission to Seamen ministry.

Port Sudan became a diocese in 1994. The first diocesan bishop of Port Sudan was Bishop Butrus Kowa. He was preceded by several missionary bishops including Llewellyn Gwynne in 1930 and Oliver Allison who served until 1974. Bishop Butrus was followed by Bishop Yousif Abdalla. The current bishop Abdu was the assistant bishop serving the Kassala area.

 

  

                                                   A map showing Port Sudan Diocese 

 

The diocesan bishop is the Rt Rev Abdu Elnur Kodi and he may be contacted via: 

bishop@portsudan.anglican.org

 

Or 

PO Box 278, Red Sea State, Sudan

Office Phone No +249 31 212 24

 

More contacts can be found on the Port Sudan Diocese website:

www.portsudan.anglican.org